Teachers at Indus International School are 'facilitators' as the School has adopted a 'student-centric' approach to learning. Teachers will facilitate learning by helping their pupils access information, encourage creative ideas and help in solving problems.
A teacher at the school essentially leads and guides the learning process. Regarded a facilitator, the teacher plans, and implements a programme of instruction that adheres to the School's philosophy, goals and objectives. To facilitate individualized learning and teaching, our teachers harness the strengths and proclivities of each student with regard to specific intelligences and help overcome weaknesses, if they exist.
All teachers must demonstrate:
- A strong grasp of subject matter
- Total fluency in the medium of instruction, which is English or the other languages taught
- Knowledge of progressive teaching techniques and processes, and ability to customize appropriate teaching strategies to needs of students
- An attitude of caring for students, and spirit of stewardship in handling and use of school property
- A personality that illustrates and reflects the school's vision and core values
- Willingness to act as a role model to all students and brand ambassador of the school
- Commitment that is available and evident at all times, and a pre-requisite of an international school teacher
Recruitment of teachers is based on scientific selection procedures for determining an individual's subject knowledge, group dynamics, leadership traits and high trainability index.
"Teacher development" is a special focus at Indus International School. Apart from attractive salaries and allowances, we have instituted long-term retention schemes that are enviable, even for the corporate sector. For a teachers' personal and professional growth, a separate teacher-learning centre is being established.
Interested? Send in your applications along with your resume to email@example.com